Thursday, May 26, 2011

may 26th, 2011


May 26th, 2011

            Last night we all went out for my birthday! I was so happy that the majority of the group came out and celebrated! We all met at an Irish Pub to hang out for a bit before heading over to a discothèque in Barranco. It was a lot of fun to have everyone together hanging out, and of course, I got sang to again! Barranco was funny because it was only us Americans in the club that night because it was Wednesday, but we still managed to have fun, which is one of the things I really like about this group of people. I don’t think I’ll ever forget celebrating my 19th birthday in Peru because it was a really unique and cool experience that I got to share with a lot of great new people.
            Today we went to EL Sol for classes, 2 hours of language, 1 hour of culture, and one hour of conversation. One thing I love about El Sol is that there is free coffee available during classes. Being a caffeine addict, this is a wonderful thing, especially after being out last night for my birthday!
            After classes we cabbed over to the Museo Nacional de Arqueologia, Antropologia, y Historia del Peru. This museum was interesting for us to visit because it correlated directly to what we are learning in culture class at El Sol. For the past few days we have been learning about the pre-Hispanic Peruvian civilizations, including the Nazca, Moche, Paracas, and Chavin cultures, all that were represented in the museum. 

1 comment: